We. Test means of individual autumn arrest systems and device that is positioning –
(a) “General. ” This appendix functions as a non-mandatory guideline to assist employers comply with what’s needed in 1926.502(d). Paragraphs (b), (c), (d) and ( ag e) of the Appendix describe test procedures which can be utilized to find out conformity utilizing the needs in 1926.502 (d)(16). The test practices right here in Appendix C may also be used to aid employers conform to certain requirements in 1926.502(e as noted in Appendix D with this subpart (3) and (4) for positioning device systems.
(b) “General conditions for many tests into the Appendix to 1926.502(d). “
(1) Lifelines, lanyards and deceleration products must be mounted on an anchorage and linked to the body-belt or human body harness when you look at the exact same way as they might be whenever utilized to safeguard workers.
(2) The anchorage must be rigid, and may not need a deflection more than 0.04 ins (1 mm) whenever a force of 2,250 pounds (10 kN) is used.
(3) The regularity reaction for the load calculating instrumentation should be 500 Hz.
(4) The test weight found in the energy and hookupwebsites.org/meddle-review/ force tests must certanly be a rigid, metal, cylindrical or torso-shaped item with a girth of 38 ins plus or minus 4 ins (96 cm plus or minus 10 cm).
(5) The lanyard or lifeline utilized to produce the free autumn distance ought to be given the device, or perhaps in its lack, the smallest amount of elastic lanyard or lifeline accessible to be properly used because of the system.
(6) The test fat for every single test must certanly be hoisted in to the level that is required should always be quickly released with no any appreciable movement imparted to it.
(7) the machine’s performance should really be examined considering the number of ecological conditions which is why it really is built to be applied. (8) following test, the machine do not need to manage to further procedure.
(c) “Strength test. ” (1) through the evaluating of all of the systems, a test fat of 300 pounds plus or minus 5 pounds (135 kg plus or minus 2.5 kg) should always be utilized. (See paragraph (b)(4) with this area. )
(2) The test is made of dropping the test fat as soon as. An innovative new system that is unused be utilized for every single test.
(3) For lanyard systems, the lanyard size must be 6 foot plus or minus 2 ins (1.83 m plus or minus 5 cm) as calculated through the fixed anchorage to your accessory in the body gear or human anatomy harness.
(4) For rope-grab-type deceleration systems, the length of the lifeline over the centerline regarding the mechanism that is grabbing the lifeline’s anchorage point must not surpass 2 legs (0.61 m).
(5) For lanyard systems, for systems with deceleration products that do not immediately restrict fall that is free to 2 feet (0.61 m ) or less, as well as for systems with deceleration products that have a connection distance in excess of 1 base (0.3 m) (calculated involving the centerline associated with the lifeline in addition to accessory point out the human body gear or harness), the test fat must be rigged to free autumn a distance of 7.5 foot (2.3 m) from a place this is certainly 1.5 legs (. 46 m) over the anchorage point, to its hanging location (6 foot underneath the anchorage). The test fat should fall without disturbance, obstruction, or striking the ground or floor throughout the test. In many cases a non-elastic cable lanyard of adequate length may prefer to be included with the device (for test purposes) to produce the mandatory free fall distance.
(6) For deceleration unit systems with fundamental lifelines or lanyards which immediately restrict free autumn distance to 2 feet (0.61 m) or less, the test weight must be rigged to fall that is free distance of 4 legs (1.22 m).
(7) Any fat which detaches through the gear or harness has unsuccessful the power test.
(d) “Force test” – (1) “General. ” The test is composed of dropping the particular test fat when as specified in paragraph (d)(2)(i) or (d)(3)(i) of the section. A fresh, unused system must be employed for each test.